We are currently looking to strengthen our team by recruiting an experienced engineering Buyer working in the process industry. An attractive package is being offered including pension, private health care and bonus.
You will be responsible for purchasing and negotiating plant equipment needs and construction services from our suppliers, in accordance with the project requirements. You will support the procurement department and assist to maintain supplier relationships. You will also evaluate a multitude of supplier quotations to determine the most competitive solutions.
You will be working for one of the UK’s leading contracting consultancies who have successfully completed projects in many regions around the world and across a wide range of market sectors.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Procurement Manager in the evaluation and purchase of goods and services.
- Compile RFQ requirements and actively participate in the RFQ process to secure goods/services while ensuring competitiveness.
- Build-on and build new supplier relationships.
- Hard-negotiation and order placement.
- Provide regular input to the procurement manager on supplier performance.
- Manage project related supplier relations (meetings, documents, feed-back)
- Maintain required records such as quotations and price lists, supplier correspondence etc.
- Arranging equipment deliveries to project sites.
- Report to: Operations Director
- Reportees: Administration Staff
- Compliance with company procedures and policies
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for work undertaken / associated with AiPS