Senior Contracts Manager
We are currently looking to strengthen our team by recruiting an experienced Contracts Manager working in the process industry. An attractive package is being offered including pension, private health care, car allowance and bonus.
Ai Process Systems Ltd. specialise in providing Engineering services to a wide range of manufacturing, process and packaging industries with extensive experience in process design and project management.
You will be required to manage and take overall responsibility for the quality, cost, supervision and on time completion of projects with the process industry, of a typical project value range of £100,000 – £5,000,000.
You will have a proven track record in project management and be capable of reading process and instrumentation diagrams and engineering drawings.
Experience in food, pharmaceutical or chemical industries would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will be working for one of the UK’s leading contracting consultancies who have successfully completed projects in many regions around the world and across a wide range of market sectors. To fulfil this role some working away from home will be required, including working overseas.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Effectively manage projects from tender to completion.
- Manage the project teams, including clients, designers, consultants, employees, and sub-contractors.
- Ensure projects are safely run to a programme with an effective commercial delivery, while ensuring that projects are technically compliant and completed to a high-quality standard.
- Prepare and process contractual variations, as necessary.
- Manage any contentious commercial issues through to completion.
- Assist with tender preparation and contract negotiations with clients.
- Facilitate risk management meetings for tenders and projects.
- Review tenders for robustness and assist in the presentation of larger tenders with senior management.
- Report to: Operations Manager
- Reportees: Design Engineers, Sub-contractors
- Compliance with company procedures and policies
- Display a professional, acceptable attitude and image for work undertaken / associated with AiPS
|Relevant Engineering Degree||√|
|Project Management Qualification||√|
|Experience & Knowledge||Essential||Desired|
|Minimum 5 years process engineering background||√|
|Minimum 3 years management experience||√|
|Multi-disciplined engineering experience i.e., civils, electrical, mechanical, control system||√|
|Process design experience||√|
|Mechanical design experience||√|
|Plant / Process commissioning||√|
|Engineering procurement and negotiation||√|
|Skills & Abilities||Essential||Desired|
|Microsoft Project – Resource Management and Planning||√|
|Effective Presentation Skills||√|
|Risk Assessment Techniques||√|
|Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and on multiple contracts||√|
|Working away from home||√|